Friday 14 June 2013

POEM

 RUARAKA HIGH SCHOOL

THE POWER OF THE PEN

EVERYDAY
Everyday I look at you
I wish everything were green
The broad smile on your leaves
Just makes my day.

Everyday I look at you
I thirst for water
Thanks to you
I can have it whenever I want

Everyday I look at you
I can’t help but admire you
How beautiful it is around you

Everyday I look at you
I imagine the erosion
I hear without you there’s no soil

Everyday I look at you
I imagine how it would have been
If you weren’t present

No water, no beauty, erosion and no
blessings, What!

I will protect you mother nature,
I will protect you mother earth.
I will, whatever it takes.

Written by Clarence Anyango  16 yrs
Ruaraka High School


MOTHER EARTH

Our Mother,
Our Provider,
With you, we don’t have to bother,
You are the source of our nation,
You solve our stomach equation,
And hence forth, our stomach will be strong like leather,
You unite us with determination,
Ploughing, laughing, creating new relation,
Oh our mother, we thank you.

You are the home of others,
Food to us, through hither and tither,
For you beautiful scenery,
Tourists bless us with feathers
You are our survival,
with your special nursery,
Our lungs, are fed with your daughter,
You act as our intermediary,
Prayers from us, to our creator,
Thanks to you, our mother.

You are our blessings,
Cleansing our hearts, body and soul.

Written by Reuben  Mutua Kilonzo 17yrs

Ruaraka High School


PRESENTED BY:

LILIAN   SAYO  AGOLA

During the Elimu Asilia training workshop organized by Goethe-Institute and National Museums of Kenya on 20th -22 May, 2013 at Corat Africa Hotel, Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment